Sep 8, 2012

Our trip to the Bay

So its been some time since I posted, but wanted to share our summer trip. We actually were on a trip to finally have our wedding, but made the trip up and back into a vacation and stopped by various places we were interested in seeing along the way so we didn't have one lOng straight booOOring drive up to the bay from Vegas.


We wanted to take the kiddos to see the Hollywood sign since its in a lot of their shows and movies. This here is right near the sign up in the hollywood hills. I had no idea such a serene pretty view was so close to crazy L.A.



after a quick stop by the sign, we headed up the coast, and whaaAT a cliche Cali view we had. :)




In the morning our first stop was Solvang,
 a cute little Dutch town I had been wanting to see. 
Of course we had to get some Danish pastries. :)

a super cute place I tell yuh; I totally recommend if you havent been to n happen to be that'a way.




...then a random pit stop at the beach

of course there is never sunny blue sky's when we finally get to leave the desert n go to the beach (o.O) Still neato though so I'll take it.





 the beach was called Shell beach, but a more appropriate name would have been Hermit Crab beach-they were everywhere.

and it was quite colorful 





...our next stop was Bubble Gum Alley in SoLo







..we made one more stop to see an old friend of mines I hadn't seen since I was 13, (but I dint get any pictures,) n then we headed to Oakland to our fav pizza place and that concluded our journey up. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment