Jul 7, 2013

Our fourth of July trip

Kir was told almost last minute he could have the holiday off so we had about one day to decide where to spend it. We choose Lake Tahoe to see family AND one of the best shows ever.

Right when we got up there we met with them and when out to one of my fav spots up there, Grovers hot springs - its is sooo beautiful and peaceful there. It started pouring when we got out there but I had just come all that way to see some a that action n wasn't guna let that stop me; I grew up in the rain after all. It let up after a while and it was a lovely lil moment so Im glad we persisted.





Then that night we lit off some fireworks and hoped the cops didnt come.:o
 



The next day we went rafting down the Truckee river which was so much fun.


(We got out n played a few times.)


There were mellow parts and rapids, trees, other tubers and rafters- all sorts of obstacles and fun. :)

  Near the end sh*@; got crazy and it started pouring again. :)

Another Tahoe meadow- so pretty.

Then we walked around South Lake while the sun was going down

 (haha, we all look kinda silly here but I still like it)



 So Tahoe
 


 The next day was the fourth and we spent the day with family out at another lake (topaz) playin on their jet ski's all day - so much fun!!


lol, she bombed our picture with the duck face.




Jessica and I were tryin to double up what I did up top, but whenever there was two of us in there the camera interestingly double exposed-sideways. (o.O)

Then of course firework time. I was so happy everyone decided to join us up there so we were one big happy family. (ok, happy might be a stretch with a handful of kids. (o.O))
Such a fabulous show Tahoe offers though. Its got the small town feel, everyone seems all cozied up on the beach, the fireworks go one or two at  time so you get to enjoy each one, the fireworks glisten on the lake, and they throw several shaped ones in there.















and then I had someone (Jessica) help me but Kirs 3-d glass over my lens...

  
 




 

Ugh, such a great, fun ending.


I seen one friend on the way out of town and that was that; so glad we went.


No comments:

Post a Comment